Photo
- - - - -

[Article] BizRP v2.2.8 | I need your help!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin Vanderbist

Kevin Vanderbist

biZ Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

Greetings fellow BizRP addicts!

I got some great news for you all, first of we have released BizRP v2.2.8, which fixes a majority of the annoying bugs like the inventory bug and mayor vote system that we all "enjoyed" so much *coughs*!

With that said and done I also have a question for you all, I would like to know what you like and dislike about BizRP (and our forum), I am giving everyone a guarantee of a freedom of speech, as long as it is by our forum rules and is not offensive towards anyone. If you have a certain issue with certain players or staff members, but you don't want to put it straight up on the forum to prevent discussions / conflicts than feel free to message me this through the forum or steam, I will take your reports 100% anonymous and no one besides myself will know about this. Please take your time to help me out doing a better job, so I could help you with having a good time on our server, this is a win-win opportunity!

Release notes of BizRP v2.2.8

• Content validation is no longer mandatory and can be skipped
  • Fixed not being able to create mixtures
  • Fixed Inventory bug
  • Fixed having to select a new model upon rejoining when doing a sex change with a certain model
  • Fixed mayor vote randomly being blocked
  • Fixed notification spam when busting down a door as a fire fighter
  • Bus radio is no longer limited to the gov radio channels
  • You no longer get SP when trying to buy a house you don't have enough money for
  • You no longer get SP for healing players with full health
  • Adjusted the Murcielago handling
  • Detailed information can be found at bugs.ihg.bz
I can't wait to receive some feedback, so I can start working on it! Please share this topic with friends that used or still play on our server, all perspectives on this is needed and will help me doing a better job!
I would also like our staff members to talk openly about their view on the gamemode, and so on.

Kind Regards,

Echo
Gmod.biZ Project Manager

Click here to view the article
Need help? Contact me on: Steam or Forum or by mail k.vanderbist@ideal-hosting.biz
Want to join my organisation? Read the thread: For Eternity
Want to buy BizRP products? Wise thing to do, just click here to go to the store page!
Posted Image

#2 Deltastealth

Deltastealth

Legendary.biZ

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

• Adjusted the Murcielago handling

Yeeaaaaaaa!

#3 1337

biZ Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

Oh boy. This is going to be a short one.

1.Takes far too long to handle ban/unban requests
2.Forbidden to tell your opinion about the server/admins, will get your comment deleted.
3.Admins breaking forum rules, nobody bats an eye, me pointing it out gets my post deleted.(Don't give me that "no contribution to the topic" bullshit.. you were posting image macros for god sakes).
4.Admins are emotionless scripted people.
5.Admins constantly spying on you on the server and telling via GM chat "Don't do this", "Don't do that", "Stop being a smartass".
6.Ridiculous strict rules, break them you get banned.
7.Admins not friendly to new people.
8.People not friendly to new people.
9.Moneywhoring cops, who don't give a shit if a player is new and doesn't have the money to pay the fine.
10.Admins who don't give a shit if a player is new and can't pay the fine.
11.Stuck-up little kids who make a ban request about every little thing.
12.Stuck-up little kids who don't realise, if you ban people so easy-handed the server is going to be empty.
13.Players whining about the server being empty, while they don't even go there to help repopulate the server.
14.Admins protecting organisation members when shit hits the fan.
15.Admins who deny their faults and delete posts when somebody points out the obvious.

16. Probably this post will get deleted or me getting banned by admins who can't take critisism.
Posted Image

#4 TheBeast

TheBeast

biZ Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

1. Some admins are really rude.
2. Some players we're generally jack-asses.
3. Some admins didnt give a fuck about anything.
4. Some admins gave their friends more "string".
5. The cars are boring.

Dunno what else to say.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Kevin Vanderbist

Kevin Vanderbist

biZ Wizard

• Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

16. Probably this post will get deleted or me getting banned by admins who can't take critisism.

It won't be deleted, you do use a lot of minor form of disrespect, but I understand your reasoning and no one may delete your post without my approval as I gave you all my word.

Thank you for your contribution and it would help me more if you would give me names of certain people or admins that do these things, just to understand about who you are really talking about, you can do this by forum pm or steam, no one besides me will know from who it came from :)

Thanks in advance!

I do need more comments from all our members, active or not AND Gamemasters! I need a lot of information to work with and please don't be just like: "QUOTE PERSON X, so true!" That's not helping me, I want your version and your view on our gamemode, forum, members, staff! The more information I have, the better I can solve it to make it a better place then it was before! I cannot make a change because "one individual" dislikes the price of recolouring a vehicle, I need the communities voice here!
Need help? Contact me on: Steam or Forum or by mail k.vanderbist@ideal-hosting.biz
Want to buy BizRP products? Wise thing to do, just click here to go to the store page!
Posted Image

#6 NeXa

NeXa

biZ Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:59 PM

There are certain admins that aren't as professional as they seem to be, I feel being stalked 24/7 when I'm playing around, and I don't even break any rule, that's why I believe that a lot of people have stopped playing, and most game masters don't even play the game anymore, they are just sitting in spectate or invisibility flying around searching for rule breakers all the time, also the lack of new content like vehicles, weapons, and that kind of stuff, the last few updates, I have hoped for new vehicles or at least a bug fix on the current vehicles, some are not working properly, others have color issues.

#7 Meatlunk

Meatlunk

biZ Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

I guess I tune in here to give my opinion. Everything went down after the reset, some players wanted it some don't. Personally I wanted it because a new fresh start could be a lot of fun. The reset happened and a lot of people got upset cause they lost their 'gear' were they worked so hard for. I was upset myself not because I lost my gear but I lost my skillpoints which I invested quite some money into. A lot of players stopped playing after the restart, I didn't. I kinda no lifed the shit ouf of it. After a week playing they announced a second wipe, I got pissed off after that cause I lost everything again. After this the server kinda died. Getting people online to play is not going to work there are a lot of different game modes that are more fun and less boring. Not to mention there was so much false hope on BIZ V3, what happened about that.

------------Tips on improving BIZ(V3)------------
* New cars (Maybe tuning?)
* New gear (Inventory items, guns, drugs, more and MORE!)
* New entertaining jobs which make great RP.
* New map (There are GREATER and BIGGER maps)
* New clan systems (Maybe clan skins and more)
* MORE

Biz needs new and entertaining stuff to get people on. In my eyes BIZ V3 is the only option but it requests a lot of hard work which I know it's not going to happen.

Edited by Zerox, 18 August 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#8 Tabajara

Tabajara

biZ Lover

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:07 PM

My eyes from all kind of players that need some consequences:

1° - Some players uses "their/his highest power" to other guys that they/he don't/doesn't like. Example:
" I'm the mayor of the city and i don't like 'Bob' driving a Blue Lotus car. So i'll make a law that ban all blue lotus. - (or) I'm the rank 9 and 'Bob' is rank 6 so i'll annoying him all the time telling him orders and commands to piss him off." On theses cases, we need a rule to stop this and some Gamemasters should do something too.

2° - Some players should stop saying/spamming all the time "Omg he's failing/flaming to me admin! Ban him/perma him now!!" via OOC or Gm chat. The "backstabbing moderating rule" should be implanted in this case when a player saw someone failing, you should and must report via gm chat only once! If the player keep spamming in the third time, should get a kick as a warning. Is the GM job to control the server and the players, not the non-gms.

3° - If players want to make a Roleplay while robbing a bank/Am/Pm or any kind of hostage situation, the SWAT Team must roleplay correctly in their minds that "DO any thing to protect and keep the hostages alive", not rushing in like a bad ass to the suspects with your MP5 or shield. Try to deal with the suspects, if the Swat team think there is no way to rescue with the deal, make a plan and listen the "commander of the swat team to rescue the hostage on your own way later". Players abuses the Swat power to kill everyone without roleplaying.

My eyes about the Staff/GMs Team:

1° - GMS really need to give a 2° changes for the players that is new/or doesn't have money to pay a fine. I always deal with this people putting them on the jail for 20 minutes.

2° - We need a Driving Instructor Manager like the old times, that he will host the "Mass Driving School" and control the black list drivers. Should be a good idea implanted.

OBS: I don't have nothing to say cons about my team. On theses 5 months as a GM, i mostly had not got any trouble with them.

My eyes for the gamemode :

1° - Need more improvements : new cars and clothes for the players. ( I don't have any link suggestions. There are a lot of models on garrysmod.org that the developer should take a look and put on the BizRP.

2° - Female models for FF and as a Cop if possible.

3° - A new EvoCity map upgraded.

4° - Take a look on the "massive lag" while playing sometimes. We still have this issue after the GMOD 13 update, and should get a fix ASAP. I think 60% of the players are already tired and angry with this lag on the server.

5° - Radio streaming is bad some months ago. It's not perfect yet.

6° - More random fires while we have more than 3 people as FF. Sometimes, the ff team keeps standing by for more than 20~30 minutes without fires.

7° - More jobs or other way to get money on the gamemode.

Forums Update:

1° - I don't have a valid example but, i think some threads and infos in the forums should be updated. Make some organization here.

2° - EDITED: Oh and please, make all unwritten rules be here on the "BizRP Rules thread" and in-game too.

Just this for now. Thanks for listening!

Edited by Tabajara, 18 August 2013 - 06:24 PM.

Posted Image

womp123: i wanna a cheese burger!
[Gmod.biZ] Tabajara 7.7: go to Burger King
womp123: bud they dont sell cheese burgers!

#9 Ludde

Ludde

biZ Lover

• Members
  • 619 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:21 PM

Yeeaaaaaaa!

dont get too excited :/ still spinns out at a normal turn at just 40 mph, and still not able to drift :(
Posted Image

#10 Kevin Vanderbist

Kevin Vanderbist

biZ Wizard

• Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

dont get too excited :/ still spinns out at a normal turn at just 40 mph, and still not able to drift :(

I instantly re-added the problem back to into our bug report center: http://bugs.ihg.bz:8...se/BIZRPTWO-180 and with handling this problem so fast, I looked over the duplicate: http://bugs.ihg.bz:8...wse/BIZRPTWO-87 :D

Thank you for testing it as a players view and to tell me about it on steam as well :)
Posted Image

#11 LEWIS 088

LEWIS 088

biZ Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

FINALLY Freedom of Speech without being banned by herath, I cant use the enter button btw so yeah. What turned me away is Herath always constantly Don't do this downt do that No SMileys IC No this No that NO here No there ALL OF THE GOD DAM TIME I hated when Herath Joined and would often leave the game. as I know MANY othr players feel this way too. Next thing STUVI WAS FAR TOO LAZY to reply to forum posts it took him 4 weeks to reply to ONE ban appeal/Ban request some STILL HAVE NOT been answered after 2 months ! . Next thing When your playing everyone feels as if youe being watched 24/7 I mean if you stand on a wall for a second you get banned Fair enough you have rules but its to a point where players cant have any fun otherwise they get banned . Also about C22 too he breaks a rule Its fine he gets away with it We do it and we get banned (How is that even fair??) don't give me that crap hes the Community manager. he should lead by example . Doesn't matter anyway if it was not for Echo your server would have died months ago echo came back and fixed bugs what did you guys do sit back and relax . Pffft what a pathetic server and staff you guys have (With the exceptions of Echo, Tabajara Harald, Sherlock) Everyone else made it boring to play You guys don't listen to your fan base and thus the server died again. No one wants to try to repopulate the server anymore its boring and tbh I probably will never play Biz rp again unless there are some mass changes everytime people try to suggest things its (Oh we don't want any suggestions shit) if you post something it gets removed we tried helping you it gets removed coz its not YOUR way of doing it. Herath is a Good gm but he takes it FAR to seriously at times Like if you put a smiley by mistake he warns you INSTANTLY . and STILL the supra is not fixed nothing gets done unless Echo does it Echo should be the Community Manager as C22 Sucks at his job (You said Freedom of speech) (Yeah sorry my enter button don't work on YOUR website) :D

The LAG is Retarded (Oh Gmod 13 broke the coding) Well Get it fixed stop giving lame excuses
Posted Image

#12 Kevin Vanderbist

Kevin Vanderbist

biZ Wizard

• Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:19 PM

As I admire your honesty, you are going a bit too far into the disrespectful way to certain people in your post Lewis (you could have said it in a more polite way than that), but as promised, your post will not get deleted, unless it's far from acceptable in my point of view, and I can tolerate a lot of criticism as long as you do it on a mature way.

I do am thankful for your share Lewis, and hope others will do the same, but I would like to see them to handle it in a more proper way (less disrespectful), then you did :)
As for Dr. Luigi who is reading this post, feel free to message me on steam with your point of view on this subject :D
Posted Image

#13 tinysam747

tinysam747

biZ Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:45 PM

i agree with a lot of what lewis says and in my eyes the server is gone in all my time playing i have not seen one new thing so we well atleast me im getting very bored easy and as i get very bored of these bugs and how long it takes to fix things well echo is the only person i have seen fix anything (thanks echo :D) in my eyes its dead u need to add new content new cars things like that or new job or ways to make money

tbh im probs going to just play apb:r till gta v comes out then no life that i mean i enjoy roleplaying and action so if u could add like a system when u can rob the bank or things like that (same as payday and new gta online) i think it would be a lot more fun as only time i really enjoy playing is racing round then i get messaged from a gm your breaking rule stop trying to break laws or something like that or when we make a massive was but then we get told after like 15 mins to stop then go back to standing around or standing there watching a pot waiting for it to grow :(

#14 macdaddy

macdaddy

biZ Wizard

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:13 AM

Gmod.biZ has changed after a while, I kept quitting because of unfairness and boring game play. In over three years the staff has brought us PHX & Some Furniture, more rules and less game play. Ever since the map change from v2p to 33x, the server was at it's all time high with over 40 people playing at the time, events weren't even hosted, but what I saw more often and often, is that it was a dominated environment. The Game play was ruined by Organizations, & Drugs. That's what everyone did, but instead of helping people accomplish more game play, the staff made people roleplay, but threatened, therefore it was kind of unfair. The Game play was horrendously repetitive, I saw people stay out of school to play on the server, This includes me. It is up to the user, but a little warning to players towards their playtime on the server would be a nice accommodation.

Taking an example, Microsoft tried to control the game play by using DRM Policies, but people weren't ready for that and they protested, but on Biz that's another checkmate, the Environment is dominated by rules & administration destroying all of the game play, the server has been falsely advertised as being a SEMI-Serious role playing server; but it's treated as the most serious. Whilist also making people buy more and more items with actual money for accelerating gameplay, and even though you reset everything but VIP; you dissapointed the masses so bad by resetting the bought Money and Skillpoints; You need to realize that you are taking money of hard working people; you work 8 hours just to max 3 skills; that's LUDACRIS. Either make the prices worth the gameplay, or don't charge them. I apologize but that isn't something that I agree with anymore.
  • Game play is boring and Repetitive
  • Staff Doesn't like to Administrate Fairly & Equally
  • Not Many features added in over 2-3 Years.
  • Self Destroying Economy due to one Major income of Cash (Drugs).
  • Unfairly dominated roleplay Environment. (Like in Call of Duty; the system rewards Players that play the most, therefor locking out the casuals to allow them and have a shot.)
  • Feedback wasn't Allowed without saying something great about the community, because otherwise people wouldn't be respected with their freedom of speech.
  • Endless Bugs appear more and more; the Game-mode is outdated & Destroyed.
These are some of all the Jumble Bundle of big mistakes this community suffers.

Gmod.biZ has to come to an end at one point or another, This might aswell be the self-put checkmate. Accepting it is hard, but after so much work; keeping a 6 year old PERP Version customized by a little Coder. It's just close to impossible, This is either where Gmod.biZ Stop's or you will have to clean house and get new Staff, allow younger audiences to join the staff; because more and more people with the demographic 14+ have been buying Garry's Mod, Nobody can find Gmod.biZ because it's not even in the Master List; you have to have you console up and look for the server; I remember when the server used to have Bots that showed fake people; but once they got deleted, the server went in to hiding. Which was a miserable attempt at having a dictated server operated by a Friendly firm. Either you change what you have or this calls for the Checkmate. The server is an Egocentric catastrophe and if nobody saves it, then it's over.

You want my end of something that could be improved?
  • Gmod.biZ being a new gamemode or even a Source Online Multiplayer Game
  • Graphics updates with Citizens, Cars, Props, Question Boxes, UI, HUD, Weapons
  • Motion Blurr Fix
  • New Map that Lives up to 33x.
  • No more Depressing Environment, I.e. Seasons, Winter has Snow, Spring has Rain, Summer has heat, Fall has lots of Leaves.
  • More Variants of Weapons, I.e. C4, Smoke Grenade, Flash bang, Napalm Grenade
  • Different Type of Advances Officers, SAS, SWAT, GSG9
  • Less Bold & More Colorful Gui
  • Redefined Rules
  • Enlisting new staff and Firing staff, & Having a limit as to how many people do you actually need in the server at the time.
  • Fix the Car AFK Bug
  • Fix Textures
  • Radio Stations that don't replay the same thing over and over and over.
  • New Jobs that don't require you doing Illegal things, (IT Tech where you research for your firm, make a Firm Organization, Skillsets and all of that)
  • Online Donation System
  • Organization Levels, Skill sets, Achievements, Rewards, Organization Cut Pay (I.e. $500 for a level 15 Organization), Traits for Organizations
  • Redefined Combat, not a AK & UZI dominated Combat.
  • A Newbie NPC that Can Teach you the Gameplay
  • Party Entities & Items
  • Realistic Food

That's just my point, If you like to ban me, go ahead; but just take this in, if you can't keep people excited to play, adding new content every two weeks / month. Then you lose interest, Just take a look at League of Legends.

Mario Sinn,
Formely Known as Macdaddy, Wolfie, Rivalz, & Taco

Edited by macdaddy, 19 August 2013 - 03:33 AM.

.biZ Wizard <3

#15 dwightklecha

dwightklecha

biZ Lover

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:19 AM

-snip-

First, how can you compare this to CoD and LoL? And second, what is it actually you wanna prove?

#16 macdaddy

macdaddy

biZ Wizard

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

First, how can you compare this to CoD and LoL? And second, what is it actually you wanna prove?

Call of Duty rewards players that are more experiences, while the same thing happens on Gmod.biZ. Players are rewarded for spending days there, but casuals aren't getting the same fun out of it.

League of Legends update their game every two weeks on a regular cycle, (Most of the time) keeping game-play fresh and still exciting, while never losing any people; that's how people have been attracted. You don't need physical Model addons, simple Lua code's help extend a community by alot.
.biZ Wizard <3

#17 Hazard

Hazard

biZ Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

Theres nothing really new going on or never major update, no new cars and such things. Like the newspaper never changes and should be more of. Just a tip.

I mean after the GMod 13 big update and the new BizRP update, there was no new stuff, maybe some other cars that have not been seen before but anything else NOTHING new...
And the current ways of making money is way to hard for new persons to the gamemode and the community.

You should also for new started people of restarted characters need some backup on starting his new viritual life, atleast 30k dollars or an ATV with 10k dollars.

Espacially a new map, that is REALLY needed. For BizRP, i would highly recommend the map rp_evocity_v2p, It's really in my opinion the best Roleplay and Evocity map ever existed.

If you succeed to make theese very little and kind of easy improvments and changes you will get more players in the server.

Edited by Hazard, 19 August 2013 - 06:47 PM.

#18 dwightklecha

dwightklecha

biZ Lover

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:36 PM

Theres nothing really new going on or never major update, no new cars and such things. Like the newspaper never changes and should be more of. Just a tip.

I mean after the GMod 13 big update and the new BizRP update, there was no new stuff, maybe some other cars that have not been seen before but anything else NOTHING new...
And the current ways of making money is way to hard for new persons to the gamemode and the community.

You should also for new started people of restarted characters need some backup on starting his new viritual life, atleast 30k dollars or an ATV with 10k dollars.

Espacially a new map, that is REALLY needed. For BizRP, i would highly recommend the map rp_evocity_v2p, It's really in my opinion the best Roleplay and Evocity map ever existed.

If you succeed to make theese very little and kind of easy improvments and changes you will get more players in the server.

So you gotta download 5 more new content packs to only play the Evocity_v2p map without any errors? People complaining about 1 already.

#19 rocky123xo

rocky123xo

biZ Supporter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

You wouldn't have to download 5 content packs, just a new updated one.
My main concerns have already been stated, such as really no new content, at least that I've ever seen.
One thing that hasn't been pointed out, that I feel should be mentioned, however I'm sure I will be punished, is that the community and it's owners completely refuse to acknowledge the fact that this server is in fact an old, modified version of PERP.
They need to take some heat, change the title, and put the server back into the PERP Master Server list.
This includes removing Perp from the autokick word list. This was a big kicker (no pun intended) for me. I quit when the ridiculous auto kick system was implemented. IHG is located in Germany, you are basically completely exempt from US copyright laws, so why hide behind a false gamemode name?
This is just my opinion, I hope BizRP prospers once again. I miss the old days.

#20 Kevin Vanderbist

Kevin Vanderbist

biZ Wizard

• Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

I already have discussed a few of the previously commented issues and solutions before this topic has been created, and some of it will be changed/added, I also have been looking into another map as suggested here, so I went looking around to see if it's possible (NPC locations, shops, enough buildings, and so on), doesn't mean we will do a map change (Both rp_evocity_v2p and rp_evocity_v4b1, that's still a beta, so can't wait for the full version, it's basically a more detailed version of v33x), but I will bring it up with some of our team. So please if you have any comments on these maps, or others do add it to this topic, we might consider of changing it!

I can't and won't make any promises, I would like to see some of the ideas added myself, but some might be time consuming for our coders and maybe impossible to do.

Please keep commenting with more (or the same) things you want to see differently, the more people that want the same thing, the more likely we will focus on it!

Kind Regards

Echo
Posted Image