Photo
- - - - -

Half-Life's Series already on SteamPipe / Missing Textures / SDK 2013 / HL3?

half-life series steampipe missing textures source sdk 2013 game valve news

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tabajara

Tabajara

biZ Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:25 PM

Alright, alright...

Lot of stuff happened in this month, and what most impressed me was what i mentioned on the title of this thread, so lets begin. And please, if you have correct news/more news/extra info of this thread, free yourself to reply ! Thanks!

Half-Life's Series already on the new content system - SteamPipe

June 25, VALVe updated Half-Life 2, Episode One and Two adding into to the new conent system - SteamPipe. You can check all the announcement of them here :

Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2 Episode Two.

Oh and also, that probably means my missing textures that i have been getting on Garry's Mod (EvoCity Map's props and textures) while i was playing on BizRP have been fixed? Yes, i have tested it today and it's everything good and running well. After launch HL2 and HL2 Ep Two, Steam made his job to convert to the SteamPipe, that took me some minutes, and it's okay now. So i hope for those people that were with this "missing textures and props" in the map, now they have to play theses games to Garry's Mod load their props/textures (Whatever) to fix this issue.

Source SDK 2013 Released

I'll quote some part of the news to here:

We have released an update to the Source SDK, bringing support for Mac OS X and Linux to mod developers and exposing the ability for virtual reality support in your mod. The biggest change with this update is that we are using github to host the source code. You will find the code here. This Source SDK 2013 release also includes a new license that can be found here. This new license allows mod authors to share their changes to the SDK more easily.

The other change with the Source SDK is that now Hammer and the other mod tools ship with their respective games instead of as part of the SDK Launcher. The launcher itself is being phased out, so it will disappear from your Tools list. You can find information about how to run the tools from the games here.

The source of the news you can fine here.

Half-Life 3? (Maybe, Dunno, Who knows? /Erh, Nope)

I herd that VALVe have "leaked" some info about their development of new upcoming games. Left4Dead 3, Half-Life 3 and Source 2?
All theses crazy stuff was got from people of ValveTime received some screenshots that have been taken from Valve'sl projects and plans. There, they talks about probably future new games (L4D3 and HL3)
I still very confused about all this history and maybe you can search more yourself going to that ValveTime's thread, looking for other news/videos commenting about this mysterious information from VALVe place.

IF you have more information/news to talk about it, reply for us! Thank you for read.

Edited by Tabajara, 30 June 2013 - 07:28 PM.

Posted Image

womp123: i wanna a cheese burger!
[Gmod.biZ] Tabajara 7.7: go to Burger King
womp123: bud they dont sell cheese burgers!

#2 Herath

Herath

Head Administrator

• Supermoderators
  • 311 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

Okay, the rumored ideas of Half-Life 3 and other projects you mention I presume is all taken from this picture. (http://images.glua.i...i=6137261796715)
That's the Valve Jira information, which just says ALL projects which is being worked on, or HAVE been worked on.
That however does not state that Valve is currently even working on any of the projects, but they have been considered in the past might even be before the original was released.
Posted Image

#3 Kilakk

Kilakk

Developer

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:10 AM

Or it could be a big joke and there's no Half-Life 3 project at all
I live under a rock; I get out too much.

#4 Stuvi

Stuvi

Ideal-Hosting Staff

• Supermoderators
  • 531 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

Or they jump HL3, or HL2 EP3 and go directly to HL4.