23 replies to this topic

#1 German Hoeffner

German Hoeffner

Administrator

• Ideal-Hosting Staff
  • 1512 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

Hello Guys,

I hope I can explain this fast without going too technical. We've been sending mails for OVER three years now - without ANY problems. Our recent IP was not on a single IP-blacklist for YEARS. (Why would it? We've never sent spam, we have a properly secured mailserver and so on.) That's great isn't it?

Some month ago we announced a total infrastructure change. This included moving the Mailserver to a dedicated machine. These days, Ideal-Hosting owns a big subnet of IP's. And here is the problem. We were assigned a IP address which is within a certain subnet (probably a /16 subnet) which got blacklisted with HOTMAIL. Usually, it's not a big deal. You just show up at the postmaster and explain the issue.
That's what we did with HOTMAIL. After we signed certain contracts with Microsoft (talking about the M$ Junk-Mail Program) we had hope that the issue would be gone fast. We explained that we just changed IP's (we've posted the other one which never was blacklisted) and we would like to send our hotmail customers/users mails. We've stated several times what we are sending. I've opened several incidents with them. The only answer you get is:

Hello Customer,

I do apologize, but I am unable to provide any details about this situation since we do not have the liberty to discuss the nature of the block.

At this point, I would suggest that you review and comply with Hotmail's technical standards. This information can be found at http://postmaster.li...Guidelines.aspx.

We regret that we are unable to provide any additional information or assistance at this time.

Best regards,

Soumya
Hotmail Deliverability Support
I can assure you that our mailserver is compliant with ALL RCFs regarding mail sending. We've even had an external expert checking the situation. Nothing seems wrong with it. So? Why are we still blacklisted? We don't know. I've opened about 7 tickets with them, the answer to all of them is above.

It's a shame what such a big company does. It's not only bad for us, but also for the user.
I can just advise everyone to use googlemail from now and forward the @hotmail mails to your new google account.
That's not hard and works just fine.

Thanks Mr. hotmail for NOT delivering our E-Mails. For the technics under you: hotmail is not even handling this RCF compliant. They are not generating a NDR nor do they reject the mails. Their Mail relay DOES accept the mails, but they NEVER end up in the users Inbox. Just wow...

Regards.

Edit:
Also, we're sending out 1000+ E-Mails per day. About 30 % of those addresses are Hotmail/Live adresses.

How to forward your Mails from @hotmail/@live to your googlemail address!
First, log in to your hotmail account. On the top right you will see:

Now click on Options and then on More options. A more options page will open.
Click on "Mail forwarding". You almost did it! Only one more step.

Don't worry... they will not delete your Mailbox. I've just checked several old accounts. They are still all existant.
This is how to finally get rid of hotmail and live and switching to a proper, RCF compliant company.

And now we've made the world a LITTLE bit better.

Read how to forward with the Outlook web edition!
Before writing to me: Please check out the responsibilities. I can not help you with issues where other people have the responsibility. Write to them directly.
Social Hub:
Private: Facebook, Twitter, Blog, Homepage
Business: Private Message, Steam, Doodle, Xing, Twitter, Facepunch

For support requests (regarding paid services, product activations, ...) use support.ihg.bz - we are unable to help you via private message.
Posted Image
(Get your own BizRP Sig!)

#2 Smiley

Smiley

biZ Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

I am getting the emails.... Atleast the ones from Ideal-Hosting. IDK about the ones from the Gmod.biZ website...

Edited by Smiley, 01 November 2012 - 11:36 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Herath

Herath

Head Administrator

• Supermoderators
  • 298 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:39 AM

And this is why I changed to Google Mail, Hotmail have been having problems for years.
Posted Image

#4 German Hoeffner

German Hoeffner

Administrator

• Ideal-Hosting Staff
  • 1512 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

View PostSmiley, on 01 November 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

I am getting the emails.... Atleast the ones from Ideal-Hosting. IDK about the ones from the Gmod.biZ website...

It's a luck game. If you have something like @live.co.uk (country domain) there is a slight chance that it goes trough... but is it reliable E-Mail? How should we know what mail addresses we can send to?
We're not going to buy another IP-Range just to serve hotmail.

Also, we ain't the first ones they are doing this to.
Before writing to me: Please check out the responsibilities. I can not help you with issues where other people have the responsibility. Write to them directly.
Social Hub:

For support requests (regarding paid services, product activations, ...) use support.ihg.bz - we are unable to help you via private message.
Posted Image

#5 Smiley

Smiley

biZ Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

View PostGerman Hoeffner, on 01 November 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

It's a luck game. If you have something like @live.co.uk (country domain) there is a slight chance that it goes trough... but is it reliable E-Mail? How should we know what mail addresses we can send to?
We're not going to buy another IP-Range just to serve hotmail.

Also, we ain't the first ones they are doing this to.
I'm using @hotmail.se and it works fine
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 autoit4you

autoit4you

biZ Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

Thats another reason why i never used hotmail/live, except for things like Release Candidates of new windows versions.
Fist i used web.de for 3 years. Then i switched to googlemail. And it seems like the @web.de EMail adresse still exist. By the way. I am not using email forwarding. Got too many spam or trash mails on the old one.

Posted Image

Get your own version here!

#7 Andy Rixon

Andy Rixon

biZ Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

Only problems I had with Hotmail/Live is with the constant spam/junk I got. I got fed up with it and moved to googlemail, not had a problem since, apart from the occasional spam I get, but that's easy to sort out.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Moving through life is not like a video game, you get one chance - live it to the fullest!

Ex Gmod.biZ Programmer (PHP Developer)

#8 LiePie

LiePie

biZ Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

I haven't used hotmail in years, I get too much spam/junk mail. Gmail is the best. The only spam/junk I get now on gmail only comes from time to time and it usually just puts it in the Thrashcan
Watch out here comes a truth telling cake! Wait what?

#9 Richard Connor

Richard Connor

biZ Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

I have my hotmail since 2007, never got any problems/spams(not much, sure), I don't know if I will do this.

I just created a Gmail this year, because I have an Android Cellphone.

IHG can do one thing to resolve this: Enable current users to change their E-Mails, not bad idea for me, but for IHG I don't know if this "process" will be hard to work.

Edited by Richard Connor, 01 November 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#10 Harald Bitz

Harald Bitz

Ex-Gamemaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

Once you go Gmail you never go back! Hotmail is a thing of the past
Posted Image

#11 dwightklecha

dwightklecha

biZ Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

Nah, Hotmail is good. If you get a lot of junk, you gotta stop making accounts on different sites with the Hotmail you are using. Make 1 Hotmail account for the important things like people who need to send you things or sites you like to visit like Youtube. Then make another Hotmail account and do the rest of the sites that are less important. You prevent a lot of junk.

#12 Ludde

Ludde

biZ Lover

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

Once you go Gmail you never go back! Hotmail is a thing of the past

Posted Image

#13 German Hoeffner

German Hoeffner

Administrator

• Ideal-Hosting Staff
  • 1512 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

You guys are derailing the thread.
It's not about getting junk :P
Social Hub:

Posted Image

#14 Tabajara

Tabajara

biZ Lover

• Administrator
  • 633 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

I think my Hotmail was with "virus" last year. Sometimes he refresh auto or "glow" to me :o XD

Edited by WallaceWM, 01 November 2012 - 11:33 PM.

Posted Image

womp123: i wanna a cheese burger!
[Gmod.biZ] Tabajara 7.7: go to Burger King
womp123: bud they dont sell cheese burgers!

#15 busterguy

busterguy

biZ Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

My hotmail got hacked and then banned for sending spam email to all my contacts...

Used gmail ever since... Won't go back

#16 German Hoeffner

German Hoeffner

Administrator

• Ideal-Hosting Staff
  • 1512 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

Just send this to your friends as well.
Social Hub:

Posted Image

#17 German Hoeffner

German Hoeffner

Administrator

• Ideal-Hosting Staff
  • 1512 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

Push. Fwd to your friends who use hotmail please.
Social Hub:

Posted Image

#18 LimeWunder

LimeWunder

biZ Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

View PostGerman Hoeffner, on 05 November 2012 - 08:40 AM, said:

Push. Fwd to your friends who use hotmail please.

Most of my friends use things like AOL and stuff, but I forwarded to 3 of them :)

Email: welshy7up@hotmail.co.uk

Posted Image

#19 German Hoeffner

German Hoeffner

Administrator

• Ideal-Hosting Staff
  • 1512 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

Push.
Social Hub:

Posted Image

#20 captain_n00btube

captain_n00btube

biZ Supporter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

german you are pushing it to the limit!! :P jkjk
Posted Image